Now I Know What Redundancy Means
![]() |
| PHOTO | PATRICK HO |
It Is Strange But A Huge Relief Not Too Be Employed
Since January 2025, I have stopped working for a company or organization.
Honestly, it certainly feels good to be free from the daily stress and need to perform according to set SOPs and KPIs.
Let’s not kid ourselves, it is nice to have a regular salary banked into your account every month.
But, it sucks when you have to put up with bosses and clients that keep changing the “position of the goalposts" every now and then. The worst part is when you have to answer to non-experts!
Yes, believe you me… this happens not only in the "wayang kulit" and "angkat bola" culture of corporate Malaysia but worldwide. I observed, and termed this as, "the decadence of humanity in the workplace".
Just look at FIFA? Or the FAM saga?
Is there a special form for the boss or bosses to sign to change the procedures? (*sniggers)
Let’s get back to the real world, away from that corporate nonsense…
A friend asked me how I am surviving without a job. I replied: “Remember how many times I told you to save your money into your EPF?”
I explained what I am doing that now and have some investments in unit trust funds.
The unit trust counters are not performing well, no thanks to Trump and Israel starting wars.
There are many experts telling people on YouTube to get out of the share markets due to the developments and disruptions caused by these conflicts.
Is this how God resets or controls the ego and pride of humanity?
Remember the Covid-19 lockdown and deaths?
Funds will run out eventually. But I ain’t losing sleep over this.
If this is premature retirement, I have accepted it.
In fact, I must admit that I manifested it somehow three years ago. But I manifested doing international music concerts or professional golf events. I did get to be the Media Officer of the IRS Prima Malaysian Open in 2024 at The Mines though.
Mind you, I didn’t just waste my time for more than one year.
I reactivated my YouTube channel called ‘Patrick’s World’ (@paths70). I just love this hobby of film making on a budget using my mobile phone. Years of working in film production and being a former professional photojournalist does help. While my old skills help greatly in framing a scene, the toughest part is post-production editing. It’s a great way to keep my mind occupied creatively.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH: https://www.youtube.com/@paths70
The AI feng shui master said it is best for me to be in the creative field anyway! (laughs!) My human Qi Men and Bazi feng shui master said that I had to write a book, or books.
So, I got off my arse to finish my book titled, “How Not To Be An Idiot In Life?!” after two years of searching for inspiration and motivation. I believe I have found the answer for the theme and concept.
I am grateful and thankful to you in advance for the support of buying my first ebook on Google Play Books.
CLICK HERE TO READ:
OTHER RETIREMENT BENEFITS
- I got to catch-up on TV episodes and movies that I missed during the course for more than 30 years in the “rat race”.
- I got to spend more time with my wife and daughter, which I have neglected over the years trying to make ends meet.
- At the moment, no missed birthdays and anniversaries or special days with the family.
- The father is at home.
- The other thing that I loved having time for is being able to do my aquawalking in the Skypool located on the 41st floor of the condominium. Get vitamins from the sun and fresh air almost every other day.
As I write this, I am recovering from a lower back injury from walking too much (13,000-plus steps) and standing in an abnormal position reading something on my mobile phone. So guys, please don’t make the same mistake that I did.
The one thing that I enjoy doing a lot now, is to learn about the various AI search engines and applications. Whether it is ChatGPT or Gemini (which I use a lot!), I must say that they are incredible tools if used correctly.
I am going to try Claude soon to see if it does not censor my words of book manuscripts soon.
Just make sure to be as detailed as possible with your instructions and prompts. More than ever, information and learning is literally and instantly available in our hands.
It is just up to us to be curious, to be useful, to be fascinated to learn what we haven’t learned before.
Got to go guys. Peace & happy days.
Note: No person/s or organization/s paid for this blog post




Comments